Søk i denne bloggen

torsdag 31. desember 2009

Happy new year

Remembering 2009

This year has been a relativly quiet year. I have taken a step back from the cat fancy this year. I got tired of all the bickering and arguing between people, and then it's nice to take a step back sometimes.

I had a litter this year. A lovely little siberian boy named (N)Solstorm's Isak Taiganov was born. He is sold to a friend, and I have had the opportunity to show him a few times. His best result so far is a nomination in class 11. Bagheera, Taiga and Summer has also been shown of course. They are all IC now, and some of them have already a few CAGCIB's also.

I also bought a new cat this year. He is a really funny little teddybear, so we call him Teddy.
His full name is FIN*Lumikissan X-Cellent. He is co-owned with CarilloCat Cattery and will live there when he is a little older.

My personal life in 2009 has also had a lot to say for how I have run my cattery. I have become a student, taking a masters degree in social anthropologi/etnography, so I haven't had so much time for shows or kittens this autumn. I have had to set my children and my studies before my cats.

My plans for 2010

I am planning several shows this winter. The main reason for this is that I want to show Teddy as a kitten quite a lot since I think he is promising. And also I want to show my male Taiga when he is at his best. He is such a stunning gentleman when he is dressed for winter.
Isak Taiganov will also be shown as an adult. His owner will go with me to a few shows, and hopefully she will like it as much as I do.
We will be at BERAK in february, Trønderkatten in March, Björkstadkatten in april. Then summer begins, and we have to see what condition my cats are in for show. This summer TICA will arrange a show in Harstad, and we will attend there for sure, just to try a different show.

We are hoping for a couple of litters this year. The first is planned between Summer and Taiga, and I am now just waiting for her to get into heat. Then Bagheera will be HCM-tested and if everything is fine she will be mated too. I am not sure about the male yet. Taiga and Bagheera has proven to be a nice match, so I might let her meet him again. Maybe Summer will have another litter this year, and then she will meet little Isak Taiganov. I am looking VERY MUCH forward to get second generation (N)Solstorm's kittens in my cattery!!!
Both Taiga and Isak has had a few marriage proposals from other catteries, so hopefully they will get to meet a few more nice girls this year too.

I am still studying, and will do my fieldwork next year, and start to write on my essey. After my fieldwork I will spend some more time at home (I think) again.
Another plan for 2010 is to take up mountain hiking again. I did it this year too (until I hurt myself and had to stop for a while). I lost some weight, and I got a lot of fresh air, and had some wonderful times with my children and my dog, so I will take up that sport again for sure!!!

Hope everyone has had a wonderful 2009, and wish for a HAPPY NEW YEAR for all of you too!!!!

1 kommentar:

Ororina sa...

Happy New Year to you too! Hope 2010 will be a wonderful year for you! Lots of hugs from team (N)Ororina's. Love you!